Monday 16 January 2012

Environment Asset - Pillar

I've been working on creating game res versions of my assets, I had a lot of trouble with the bridge cliff section, it just wasn't looking right and I wasn't settling for second best so I decided to revamp that section and include an ancient stone bridge built on top of the cliff.  Still got some planning to do with that. 

Anyway I started working on the pillar this weekend,  I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to go with texturing my environment so working on this asset kinda defined what direction this environments going in.  

Originally I wanted to go with a hell theme inspired by Mortal Kombat arenas, similar to my old one, but whilst texturing this pillar I came up with an ancient ruin theme, with lots of rocks, stones and greenery which I quite like and will see how it goes.



I've been jumping back and forth from texturing and modelling quite a lot as I don't really have a proper concept I'm following, just ideas in my head, but working on assets separately are helping shape this piece.

I'm going to be working on finishing off some more assets and the environment should start coming together quite soon!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment