Friday 13 January 2012

Texturing Test

Here is a texturing test I've done, I usually jump around from modelling/texturing in my workflow, this way things are kept interesting for me and I can get an idea of texturing choices earlier on. 

So I created my final low poly, tri count was just under my budget (500) at 499 tris.  Then I wanted to see how the normal map would transfer, I done a few versions with various resolutions to see what was the best bake but finally went with a 1024 normal map.

I was also looking at the best solution for a diffuse map and decided to go with a 512 tileable texture combined with a 1k normal map to capture the main forms of the cliff. 

For now I just threw on a procedural texture so that's not final yet.


//UPDATE//


After studying the first image, I came to the conclusion that the rocks looked a little soft and organic. To fix this I needed to accentuate the hard edges which I think pushed it a little further. I could still add some color variation, but I'll leave that till the final texturing pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment